Thursday, February 28, 2013

What's up, Google Doc?


  • What is the potential application of Google Docs to you as a school counselor/psychologist?
  • What concerns or reservations do you have about using Google Docs?
  • Provide examples of how others have used Google Docs in their practice.
I know, a cringe-tastic blog title. I am hard pressed for creativity these days and am just happy to be keeping  the tip of my nose above water these days!

I have used google docs for collaborating on documents, mostly in the school setting (meaning as a graduate student). I have found it useful when one of the bloggers I read regularly shares documents on Google, (Danielle of School Counselor Blog)

I see the use of operating in the cloud, so documents are not stored on one computer in particular, and not having to rely on flash drives. However I am not sure how this application is useful for school psychologists in particular, I just see it useful for general computer use/administration of departments, publications etc. I think Google Calendar may have some use, for scheduling clients, IEP meetings, rooms, PD etc.

I suppose having rating scales available is one use but only for public domain assessments. It could be useful to create a library that is available in the google cloud so wherever I was I could log on and find the scale I need, presuming I did not have my laptop , or I spilled coffee on it or something! 

I look forward to learning more about the potential my classmates might recognize!

No comments:

Post a Comment