Sunday, February 5, 2012

Blah blah blah blog!


Prompt: As your first blog entry, please select a catchy title and reflect on the following:
  • What is the potential application of a blog to you as a counselor/psychologist?
  • What concerns or reservations do you have about using a blog?
  • Provide examples of how others have used blogs in their practice.
A blog is a good way to promote myself professionally, raise visibility within and beyond my district or community. I have seen other professionals do so very well, as cited in my previous post.

I think bloggers need to be careful about appearing professional,  and refrain from inappropriate images, ensure the preservation of confidentiality, and tread lightly around controversial issues. I think the adage about avoiding discussing politics and religion would apply in most circumstances.

Please see my previous post for examples and descriptions from the School Counselor Blog and Notes from a School Psychologist blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment